This unusual little booklet is the perfect housing for a special letter, poem or anything that requires some dressing up! We used our beautiful screen-printed Chiyogami papers to make the covers. Red “Candyflake” paper pages transform this little wonder into a dazzling ornament when open. Once you learn this simple technique you can make this book in any size.
You will need:
- 2 pieces of cardboard cut to 2 ¼” x 2 ¼”
- 2 pieces of 3” x 3” decorative paper for covers (we used Chiyogami 787c)
- 5 pieces of 4” x 4” for pages (we used red “Candyflake” paper)
- 20” ribbon
- Glue stick
Everything you will need to complete this project!
Constructing The Covers:
1. Apply glue to cardboard square and attach it to the centre of one 3” piece of decorative cover paper.
Contruct the cover step #1
2. Snip corners of paper leaving 1/8”.
Contruct the cover step #2
3. Apply glue and turn in all sides carefully smoothing paper to the edges of cardboard.
Contruct the cover step #3
Folding The Text Block:
1. With the content side of the paper face up, fold the piece of paper in half. Open, turn 90 degrees and fold in half in the other direction.
Folding the text block #1
2. Open, flip over and fold one corner to the opposite corner.
Folding the text block #2
3. Now, the paper has two squares and four triangles created by the creases. The triangles fold in toward each other bringing the squares together.
Folding the text block #3
4. Repeat with all 5 pages.
Constructing the Star Book:
1. Apply glue to outside square of one page.
Constructing the star book #1
2. Attach to outside square of the next page.
Constructing the star book #2
3. Repeat until all 5 pages are glued together.
Constructing the star book #3
4. Glue ribbon to the inside of the covers with a 1” space between them. Leave the tails of the ribbon long.
Constructing the star book #4
5. Glue the covers to the outside squares of the text block.
Constructing the star book #5
Fill it with lovely things and present it to someone special this holiday season!